Video: Prime Video Reveals Official Teaser Trailer for Sci-Fi Thriller “The Peripheral”
The first episode will premiere exclusively on Prime Video on October 21, with one new episode rolling out weekly every Friday through December 9.
[via press release from Amazon]
Prime Video Reveals Official Teaser Trailer for Sci-Fi Thriller “The Peripheral”
The new drama series from Lisa Joy and Jonathan Nolan’s Kilter Films is based on the best-selling novel of the same name by William Gibson
The series will premiere Friday, October 21 on Prime Video
CULVER CITY, California – September 8, 2022 – Today, New York Times best-selling author William Gibson released the official teaser trailer for the Prime Video upcoming sci-fi drama series The Peripheral, starring Chloë Grace Moretz (The Miseducation of Cameron Post), Jack Reynor (Midsommar), Gary Carr (The Deuce), Eli Goree (One Night in Miami), Louis Herthum (Westworld), JJ Feild (TURN: Washington’s Spies), T’Nia Miller (The Haunting of Bly Manor), Charlotte Riley (Peaky Blinders), Alexandra Billings (The Conners), Adelind Horan (The Deuce), Alex Hernandez (UnReal), Katie Leung (Chimerica), Julian Moore-Cook (Peaky Blinders), Melinda Page Hamilton (Messiah), Chris Coy (The Deuce), and Austin Rising (Alt). Gibson shared the teaser exclusively with fans on his personal Twitter account (@GreatDismal), with lead Chloë Grace Moretz sharing on her own social channels (@chloegmoretz) shortly thereafter. The first episode will premiere exclusively on Prime Video on October 21, with one new episode rolling out weekly every Friday through December 9, 2022. The series will be available in more than 240 countries and territories worldwide.
The Peripheral centers on Flynne Fisher (Moretz), a woman trying to hold together the pieces of her broken family in a forgotten corner of tomorrow’s America. Flynne is smart, ambitious, and doomed. She has no future; until the future comes calling for her. The Peripheral is master storyteller William Gibson’s dazzling, hallucinatory glimpse into the fate of mankind – and what lies beyond.
The Peripheral is produced by Amazon Studios and Warner Bros Television, in association with Kilter Films. Executive producers for The Peripheral are creator and showrunner Scott B. Smith (A Simple Plan), director Vincenzo Natali (In the Tall Grass), Greg Plageman (Person of Interest), Jonathan Nolan and Lisa Joy (Westworld), Athena Wickham (Westworld), and Steven Hoban (In the Tall Grass).
About Prime Video
Prime Video offers customers a vast collection of movies, series, and sports – all available to watch on hundreds of compatible devices.
· Included with Prime Video: Watch movies, series, and sports, including Thursday Night Football. Enjoy series and films including Emmy-winner The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel, Emmy-nominated satirical superhero drama The Boys, and the smash hits Lizzo’s Watch Out for the Big Grrrls, Harlem, Reacher, Hotel Transylvania: Transformania, The Tender Bar, Being the Ricardos, The Tomorrow War, and Coming 2 America. Prime members also get access to licensed content.
· Prime Video Channels: Prime members can add channels like discovery+, Paramount+, BET+, EPIX, Noggin, NBA League Pass, MLB.TV, STARZ, and SHOWTIME – no extra apps to download, and no cable required. Only pay for the ones you want, and cancel anytime. View the full list of channels available at amazon.com/channels.
· Rent or Buy: Enjoy new-release movies to rent or buy, entire seasons of current TV shows available to buy, and special deals just for Prime members.
· Instant access: Watch at home or on the go with your choice of hundreds of compatible devices. Stream from the web or using the Prime Video app on your smartphone, tablet, set-top box, game console, or select smart TV.
· Enhanced experiences: Make the most of every viewing with 4K Ultra HD- and High Dynamic Range (HDR)-compatible content. Go behind the scenes of your favorite movies and TV shows with exclusive X-Ray access, powered by IMDb. Save it for later with select mobile downloads for offline viewing.
Prime Video is just one of many shopping, savings, and entertainment benefits included with a Prime membership, along with fast, free shipping on millions of Prime-eligible items at Amazon.com, ultrafast grocery delivery and pickup, unlimited photo storage, exclusive deals and discounts, prescription savings, and access to ad-free music, books, and games. To sign up or start a 30-day free trial of Prime, visit: amazon.com/prime.
About Kilter Films
Kilter Films is a Los Angeles-based production company founded and run by Lisa Joy and Jonathan Nolan. Nolan is a critically-acclaimed Academy Award(R) and Emmy Award(R) -nominated writer, director and producer known for his work on The Dark Knight, Interstellar, and Memento. Joy is an Emmy Award(R) -nominated writer, director and producer. Kilter Films produces HBO’s hit series Westworld, which recently premiered its fourth season. Westworld has amassed 54 Emmy(R) nominations over its three seasons, along with DGA, WGA, PGA and SAG nominations. Through their deal with Amazon, Kilter Films produced the upcoming series adaptation of William Gibson’s 2014 sci-fi thriller novel, The Peripheral, starring Chloe Grace Moretz and Gary Carr, that follows a woman in a near-future America in which technology has started to subtly alter society. They have also partnered with Bethesda Game Studios to develop Fallout, a television show for Amazon based on the worldwide best-selling video game franchise, starring Walter Goggins and Ella Purnell. In film, Joy made her feature film directorial debut with Reminiscence for Warner Bros. Starring Hugh Jackman, Rebecca Ferguson and Thandiwe Newton, Joy wrote the script, which landed on The Black List, and produced with her Kilter Films partner Nolan, Michael De Luca, Aaron Ryder and Athena Wickham. Kilter Films also produces interactive and transmedia marketing for the series, including a Westworld Super Bowl spot directed by Nolan. Previously Kilter Films created and produced CBS’ 2011-2016 Emmy nominated crime series Person of Interest, starring Jim Caviezel, Michael Emerson and Taraji P. Henson.
Follow The Peripheral: Twitter: @ThePeripheralPV Instagram: @ThePeripheralPV #ThePeripheral