DR. STURGIS RETURNS TO MEDFORD, ON A REBROADCAST OF “YOUNG SHELDON,” THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 30
“A Black Hole” – The Coopers discuss the possibilities of black holes and alternate universes when Dr. Sturgis comes over for dinner, on YOUNG SHELDON, Thursday, September 30 (8:00-8:31 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. (OAD 5/6/21)
(Voice of Sheldon)
Katherine Von Till
STORY BY: Steve Holland & Jeremy Howe & Connor Kilpatrick
TELEPLAY BY: Steven Molaro & Eric Kaplan & Tara Hernandez
DIRECTED BY: Jaffar Mahmood
MISSY’S FIRST HEARTBREAK TRIGGERS A SERIES OF EVENTS THAT LEAD THE COOPER FAMILY TO THE BRINK, ON A REBROADCAST OF THE FOURTH SEASON FINALE OF “YOUNG SHELDON,” THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 30
“The Wild and Woolly World of Nonlinear Dynamics” – Missy’s first heartbreak triggers a series of events that lead the Cooper family to the brink, on the fourth season finale of YOUNG SHELDON, Thursday, September 30 (8:30-9:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network. (OAD 5/13/21)
(Voice of Sheldon)
Nancy Linehan Charles
STORY BY: Eric Kaplan & Tara Hernandez & Jeremy Howe
TELEPLAY BY: Steven Molaro & Steve Holland & Connor Kilpatrick
The Goldbergs: Horse Play (9/29)
“Horse Play” – Adam is ready to leave the struggles of his high school years behind him but is distraught to discover he’s been waitlisted at NYU while his girlfriend Brea has been accepted, along with his mom Beverly – who surprises everyone by admitting she applied to the same school. Adam courts the NYU dean of admissions, hoping she will change her mind on his deferral. Meanwhile, Erica, Geoff, Barry and Joanne create their own plan to convince Geoff’s dad, Lou, that Erica had nothing to do with a past incident involving his prized porcelain horses on a new episode of “The Goldbergs,” airing WEDNESDAY, SEPT. 29 (8:00-8:30 p.m. EDT), on ABC. Episodes can also be viewed the next day on demand and on Hulu.
HBO Max Renews Comedy Series “The Other Two” for a Third Season
The 10-episode second season premiered on August 26, with the season finale dropping yesterday on HBO Max.
[via press release from WarnerMedia]
HBO Max Renews Comedy Series THE OTHER TWO For A Third Season
First Two Seasons Now Available On HBO Max
· HBO Max announced today that the critically acclaimed Max Original comedy series from MTV Entertainment Studios, THE OTHER TWO, has been renewed for a third season.
· The ten-episode second season of THE OTHER TWO premiered on August 26th, with the season finale dropping yesterday on HBO Max. The series is created, written and executive produced by former SNL co-head writers Chris Kelly and Sarah Schneider and stars Drew Tarver, Heléne Yorke, Case Walker, Ken Marino and Molly Shannon. With their pop star brother, ChaseDreams (Case Walker), officially entering retirement at the ripe old age of fourteen, Brooke and Cary (Heléne Yorke and Drew Tarver) must now contend with a new famous family member: their 53-year-old mother Pat (Molly Shannon), and her eponymous daytime talk show. Humiliated at being The Other Two yet again, they double down and make it their mission not to be.
· The season two recurring cast includes Brandon Scott Jones as Curtis, Gideon Glick as Jess, Josh Segarra as Lance, and Wanda Sykes as Shuli. Guest stars include Ali Ahn, James Anderson, Justin Bartha, Jordana Brewster, Alessia Cara, Marcia DeBonis, Andrew Keenan-Bolger, Ryan Farrell, Jimmy Fowlie, Noah Galvin, Zosia Mamet, Debi Mazar, Derek Peth, Alison Rich, Tuc Watkins, Bowen Yang and Ian Ziering.
· Washington Post hailed the series as “the funniest show on TV” while Entertainment Weekly called it a “searing showbiz satire with blithe brilliance.” “Variety praised it for “setting the new standard for TV comedy right now” with its “sharpness” and “soulfulness.”
· THE OTHER TWO has ranked among HBO Max’s most popular series since the release of season two and has seen steady growth each week as new episodes have been released.
· Suzanna Makkos, EVP, Original Comedy and Adult Animation, HBO Max quote: “Chris Kelly and Sarah Schneider have created a sharp and poignant family story that is willing to show its characters’ imperfections while making us laugh hysterically. It has been a true joy to welcome them and the cast to HBO Max, and I look forward to keeping them on hold with Brooke for the many conference calls to come next season.”
· Chris Kelly and Sarah Schneider, Creators, Writers and Executive producers quote: “We are deeply sickened to see HBO Max throw their support behind a show with so many foot jokes, and absolutely thrilled that it’s ours. To everyone who watched, texted, posted, told their friends to watch – thank you!!! It has been overwhelming in the best way to see our show resonate with so many people, and we are incredibly grateful to HBO Max for giving us the opportunity to spend another season with this amazing cast and crew.”
· Season two credits: THE OTHER TWO is created, written and executive produced by Chris Kelly and Sarah Schneider; Executive produced by Lorne Michaels; Executive produced by Andrew Singer, co-executive produced by Hilary Marx, produced by Eddie Michaels, Toye Adegboro and Kaylani Esparza for Broadway Video; Executive produced by Tony Hernandez for Jax Media; Executive Produced by Ari Pearce and Samantha Schles for MTV Entertainment Studios; Executive In Charge Tara Power for MTV Entertainment Studios. Directors include Chris Kelly, Sarah Schneider, Kim Nguyen, Mike Karnell and Charlie Gruet.
· Follow along on Instagram @theothertwoshow and on Facebook @TheOtherTwo for exclusive content. #theothertwo
Irreverent Kiwi Comedy “Good Grief” Streams Thursday, September 30 on Sundance Now
It will be followed by the North American broadcast premiere on IFC beginning October 4.
[via press release from SundanceTV]
TUNE IN: IRREVERENT KIWI COMEDY GOOD GRIEF STREAMS THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 30 ON SUNDANCE NOW
In Good Grief, two millennial sisters in small town New Zealand inherit a funeral home from their grandfather. Unsure what to do with it – or the oddball staff that keep the place running – Ellie (Eve Palmer, The Adam And Eve Show) and Gwen (Grace Palmer, Shortland Street) are thrust into a world of embalming, emceeing, and embarrassment. Recently fired from her teaching career, Ellie starts to warm to the job, but all Gwen wants to do is go DJ in Bali. By staring death in the face every day, Ellie and Gwen begin to confront the realities of their own life, and what they want to make of it.
Good Grief, Season 1 will make its U.S., Canadian and U.K. premiere on September 30 as binge release (6×15) on Sundance Now followed by its North American broadcast premiere on IFC beginning October 4. Season 2 will go into production later in 2021 in Auckland city and premiere in 2022 with 6 episodes expanded to 20 minutes each.
Good Grief, Season 1 is directed by Kiel McNaughton (The Legend of Baron To’a, My Life is Murder), produced by Angela Cudd (I Am Waru) and Kerry Warkia (Vai, Waru). The first season’s creative team and lead cast will also return for Season 2.
*FULL SEASON BINGE ON SUNDANCE NOW, BEGINNING THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 30
Episode 1 – “A Matter of Life and Death: Part 1” – Premieres Monday, October 4 at 12am ET/11c on IFC
Two very different sisters inherit a funeral home – and its eccentric employees – from their koro. While Ellie is determined to uphold her grandfather’s legacy, Gwen can’t wait to get to Bali and become a DJ. Can they figure out their lives while staring death in the face?
Episode 2 – “A Matter of Life and Death: Part 2” – Premieres Monday, October 4 at approx. 12:15am ET/11:15c on IFC
Ellie and Gwen infiltrate a funeral at a competitor mortuary, which goes horribly wrong. Ellie tells Gwen she doesn’t want to sell the business.
Episode 3 – “Face Off” – Premieres Monday, October 11 at 12am ET/11c on IFC
Ellie tries to manage the crew’s expectations. Gwen learns how to apply mortuary makeup.
Episode 4 – “Missed Connections – Premieres Monday, October 18 at 12am ET/11c on IFC
A family wants Loving Tributes to provide a medium so their dead mum can plan her own funeral. Sharyn is happy to help.
Episode 5 – “Sick Puppies” – Premieres Monday, October 25 at 12am ET/11c on IFC
The funeral for a handsome young man brings unwelcome guests to the mortuary.
Episode 6 – “Heart Attack” – Premieres Monday, October 25 at approx. 12:15am ET/11:15c on IFC
Ellie takes the staff to a health and safety course, which is neither healthy or safe.
IFC is the home of offbeat, unexpected comedies. Acclaimed series Documentary Now!, Brockmire, Sherman’s Showcase, Baroness von Sketch Show, and Year of the Rabbit air alongside fan-favorite movies and comedic cult TV shows. IFC is owned and operated by AMC Networks Inc., and available across multiple platforms. IFC is Always On, Slightly Off.
About Sundance Now
Sundance Now is for culture craving TV watchers looking for their next series to obsess over and offers a rich selection of original and exclusive series from engrossing true crime to heart-stopping dramas and fiercely intelligent thrillers from around the world, all streaming commercial-free. Adding exclusive new programs every week, Sundance Now has exclusively premiered several distinctive, critically acclaimed Sundance Now Original Series, including supernatural drama A Discovery of Witches; glamourous thriller Riviera; and critically acclaimed French spy drama The Bureau; plus Sundance Now Exclusives, such as Nordic noir thriller Wisting and British drama Des starring David Tennant; as well as riveting true crime series like No One Saw a Thing.
About BSAG Productions Ltd
Brown Sugar Apple Grunt Productions has forged a distinctive voice as a production company with a unique kaupapa. Our goal is to tell award winning stories unique to Aotearoa that reach local and international audiences. Our passion is innovative content that celebrates diversity, in particular Māori, Pacific and Asian perspectives. Kiel McNaughton is currently in post production on a feature film co-produced by Kerry Warkia & JJ Fong and BSAG are repped by The Gotham Group and Bob Getman of Jackoway, Tyerman, Wertheimer, Austen, Mandelbaum, Morris & Klein.
• Pilot executive produced and directed by Pamela Fryman
• Based on the original series created by Reinhold Weege
• Logline: Unapologetically optimistic judge Abby Stone (Melissa Rauch), the daughter of the late Harry Stone, follows in her father’s footsteps as she presides over the night shift of a Manhattan arraignment court and tries to bring order to its crew of oddballs and cynics, most notably former night court prosecutor Dan Fielding (John Larroquette).
America’s Funniest Home Videos: Season 32 Lead Sheet
AMERICA’S FUNNIEST HOME VIDEOS (Sundays, 7:00-8:00 p.m. ET/PT)
Season Premieres Sunday, Oct. 3, 2021
Hosted by Alfonso Ribeiro, “America’s Funniest Home Videos” is the longest-running primetime entertainment show in the history of ABC. Each week, the “AFV” team evaluates thousands of user-submitted home videos to showcase America’s real-life funny moments captured on video.
“AFV” offers a weekly $10,000 first-place prize to the funniest or most unique video as voted upon by the in-studio audience. Those prize winners then move on to the next competition round where they vie for a $100,000 prize. At the end of the season, the $100,000 prize winners compete for a grand prize vacation package. In its 32 seasons and 700 episodes to date, “AFV” has given away over $16 million in prize money and evaluated over 2 million video clips from home viewers.
“AFV” has become an iconic part of American pop culture, as evidenced by its inclusion in the Smithsonian’s permanent entertainment collection. Today, “AFV” is syndicated in over 103 territories around the world, spreading American humor and clumsiness across the globe!
ABC’s broad-appealing “AFV” was the season’s No. 1 show in family co-viewing (Adult 18-49 viewers watching with a Teen 12-17 and/or Kid 2-11 present) on the broadcast networks. ABC’s “AFV” ranked as the No. 1 entertainment series in the Sunday 7:00 p.m. hour with Total Viewers and Adults 18-49. The series was the No. 1 non-sports program in Sunday’s 7:00.p.m. hour among Teens 12-17 and Kids 2-11.
Vin Di Bona is executive producer, along with Michele Nasraway.
WHEN THORFINN’S BONES ARE FOUND ON THE ESTATE’S GROUNDS, SAM AND JAY ARE TORN BETWEEN GIVING HIM THE TRADITIONAL VIKING FUNERAL HE ASKS SAM FOR, OR SELLING THEM TO A MUSEUM FOR A LOT OF MUCH-NEEDED CASH, ON “GHOSTS,” THURSDAY, OCT. 14
“Viking Funeral” – When Thorfinn’s bones are discovered on the Woodstone property, he asks Sam to conduct the traditional Viking funeral he’s always wanted. However, Sam and Jay are torn when they learn that the bones could be sold to a museum for a lot of much-needed cash. Also, the ghosts conduct an election for a “ghost representative” to bring issues to Sam, on GHOSTS, Thursday, Oct. 14 (9:01-9:30 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network, and available to stream live and on demand on Paramount+.
SHELDON WELCOMES MISSY TO THE WORLD OF ATHEISM, ON “YOUNG SHELDON,” THURSDAY, OCT. 14
“Snoopin’ Around and the Wonder Twins of Atheism”– Sheldon encourages Missy to question the Bible. Also, Meemaw is determined to catch George Sr. in a lie, and Mary helps Pastor Jeff (Matt Hobby) search for a youth pastor, on YOUNG SHELDON, Thursday, Oct. 14 (8:00-8:31 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network, and available to stream live and on demand on Paramount+.
(Voice of Sheldon)
Nancy Linehan Charles
Andrew Patrick Ralston
Jose Antonio Garcia
STORY BY: Steven Molaro & Jeremy Howe & Nadiya Chettiar
TELEPLAY BY: Steve Holland & Connor Kilpatrick & Marie Cheng
AS GINA AND DREW ADJUST TO LIFE AFTER SURGERY, DREW DEVELOPS ROMANTIC FEELINGS FOR SOMEONE NEW, AND GINA GETS SURPRISING NEWS ABOUT A FRIEND’S DEATH, ON THE SECOND SEASON PREMIERE OF “B POSITIVE,” THURSDAY, OCT. 14
Editor’s note: The air date of this episode has changed.
“Love, Taxes and a Kidney” – As Gina and Drew adjust to life after surgery, Drew develops romantic feelings for someone new, and Gina gets surprising news about a friend’s death, on the second season premiere of the CBS Original series B POSITIVE, Thursday, Oct. 14 (9:30-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network, and available to stream live and on demand on Paramount+.
David Anthony Higgins
Anna Maria Horsford
WRITTEN BY: Chuck Lorre, Jim Patterson and Warren Bell
SAMANTHA AND JAY DISCOVER THE RUNDOWN COUNTRY ESTATE THEY’RE CONVERTING TO A BED & BREAKFAST IS INHABITED BY THE MANY SPIRITS OF DECEASED RESIDENTS WHO NOW CALL IT HOME, ON THE SPECIAL ONE-HOUR SERIES PREMIERE OF “GHOSTS,” THURSDAY, OCT. 7, 9:01-10:00 PM
Rose McIver, Utkarsh Ambudkar, Brandon Scott Jones, Richie Moriarty,
Danielle Pinnock, Asher Grodman, Román Zaragoza, Sheila Carrasco,
Rebecca Wisocky and Devan Chandler Long Star
One-Hour Premiere Will Be Seamless with Back-to-Back Episodes
“Pilot”/“Hello!” – Samantha and Jay throw both caution and money to the wind when they decide to convert a rundown country estate they inherited into a bed & breakfast – only to find it’s inhabited by the many opinionated spirits of deceased residents who now call it home. Also, when Sam thinks she’s crazy because she continues to see the ghosts of Woodstone Manor, she tries to ignore them, making them even more determined to get her to acknowledge they’re real, on the special one-hour series premiere of the new CBS Original comedy GHOSTS, Thursday, Oct. 7 (9:01-10:00 PM, ET/PT) on the CBS Television Network, and available to stream live and on demand on Paramount+. The one-hour premiere will be seamless with back-to-back episodes.
Rose McIver, Utkarsh Ambudkar, Brandon Scott Jones, Richie Moriarty, Danielle Pinnock, Asher Grodman, Román Zaragoza, Sheila Carrasco, Rebecca Wisocky and Devan Chandler Long star.
The departed souls are a close-knit, eclectic group that includes a saucy Prohibition-era lounge singer; a pompous 1700s militiaman; a ‘60s hippie fond of hallucinogens; an overly upbeat ‘80s scout troop leader; a cod-obsessed Viking explorer from 1009; a slick ‘90s finance bro; a sarcastic and witty native from the 1500s; and a society woman and wife of an 1800s robber baron who is Samantha’s ancestor, to name a few. If the spirits were anxious about the commotion a renovation and B&B will create in their home, it’s nothing compared to when they realize Samantha is the first live person who can see and hear them.