IMDb TV Expands Its Lineup of Premium Original Content with New Spinoff Series of Fan Favorite Drama “Bosch”
Based on Michael Connelly’s best-selling books, the new series will begin filming later this year with stars Titus Welliver, Mimi Rogers and Madison Lintz reprising their roles.
[via press release from IMDb]
IMDb TV EXPANDS ITS LINEUP OF PREMIUM ORIGINAL CONTENT WITH NEW SPINOFF SERIES OF FAN FAVORITE DRAMA “BOSCH”
The Seventh and Final Season of Bosch Will Premiere This Summer on Amazon Prime Video
CULVER CITY, Calif., March. 3, 2021 – IMDb TV, Amazon’s premium free streaming service, today announced it has picked up a new spinoff series of the fan-favorite Amazon Original series Bosch. Based on Michael Connelly’s best-selling books, the new series will begin filming later this year with stars Titus Welliver, Mimi Rogers and Madison Lintz reprising their roles. The seventh and final season of Bosch will premiere in summer 2021 on Prime Video.
The new IMDb TV Original will follow Harry Bosch as he embarks on the next chapter of his career and finds himself working with his one-time enemy and top-notch attorney Honey “Money” Chandler. With a deep and complicated history between this unlikely pair, they must work together to do what they can agree on – finding justice.
“To say I am ecstatic is an understatement! To be given the opportunity to tell more Harry Bosch stories is a tremendous gift,” said Titus Welliver, series star and Executive Producer. “The process of shooting season 7 with the shadow of it being our final loomed heavily so when the idea was presented to continue with the possibility of a spinoff, without hesitation I said, ‘let’s go.’ To all of our Bosch fans, thank for your incredible support for all these years and I can promise you the ride will only get better!”
“I am beyond excited by this and I think the fans that have called for more Bosch will be as well,” said Michael Connelly, Executive Producer and best-selling author. “To continue the Harry Bosch story and see him team up with ‘Money’ Chandler will be more than I could have ever wished for. And to continue our relationship with Amazon and be part of the IMDb TV line up will insure our commitment to providing viewers with a high-quality, creative and relevant show. I can’t wait to get started.”
“I couldn’t be more thrilled to continue our relationship with Amazon Studios, Michael and now IMDb TV to tell more of Harry Bosch’s exciting story,” said Henrik Bastin, CEO, Fabel Entertainment. “The final season of Bosch is one of the best yet, and while the spin-off will be a new show with its distinct voice and tone, our passionate fans will feel right at home.”
“While the current chapter of Bosch is coming to a close, this gritty, captivating story continues in both new and familiar ways. IMDb TV is the perfect home to extend the longstanding Amazon Studios relationship with the immensely talented Michael Connelly, Eric Overmyer, Tom Bernardo, Henrik Bastin, Pieter Jan Brugge, Titus Welliver, Mimi Rogers and Madison Lintz,” said Lauren Anderson and Ryan Pirozzi, Co-Heads of Content and Programming, IMDb TV. “Bosch has entertained fans season after season through vibrant storytelling and distinctive characters, and we are thrilled to evolve Bosch and ‘Money’ Chandler’s adventures through a new, ambitious IMDb TV Original and the first series spinoff for Amazon Studios.”
Produced by Fabel Entertainment, the Bosch spinoff for IMDb TV is executive produced by Michael Connelly, Eric Overmyer, Tom Bernardo, Henrik Bastin, Pieter Jan Brugge, Titus Welliver and Zetna Fuentes. Fuentes (Bosch, Jane the Virgin, Shameless) will also direct the spinoff pilot.
Bosch was developed for television by Overmyer and is executive produced by Titus Welliver, Elle Johnson, Pieter Jan Brugge, Henrik Bastin, Michael Connelly and Eric Overmyer.
Prime members can stream seasons one through six of Bosch now exclusively via the Prime Video app for TVs, connected devices including Fire TV, mobile devices and online at www.amazon.com/boschtv. Members can also download the series to mobile devices for offline viewing at no additional cost to their membership. The series is a global release and is available for Prime Video members in more than 240 countries and territories.
Recently, IMDb TV debuted the Original docuseries, Top Class: The Life and Times of the Sierra Canyon Trailblazers. Additional Originals coming to IMDb TV in 2021 include the Untitled Judge Judy Sheindlin Project – the streaming debut for no-nonsense, expeditious Judge Sheindlin and her signature adjudication style – a reimagining of the crime drama Leverage and the second season of the popular spy thriller Alex Rider.
Bosch on Social: Twitter: @BoschAmazon Facebook: @Bosch Instagram: @BoschAmazon #BoschAmazon
About IMDb TV
IMDb TV is a free streaming video service with thousands of premium movies and TV shows available anytime. Always entertaining. Always Free.
· Expansive Catalog: IMDb TV is a modern television network, offering viewers ambitious originals and an always updating library of broadly appealing hit movies and TV shows that customers would expect to see on a paid service. IMDb TV adds new titles to the service every month across a wide selection of genres including comedy, family, romance, thrillers, science fiction, documentaries, horror and more.
· Free: IMDb TV is free. No paid subscriptions necessary.
· Half the Ads: IMDb TV has half the ads of traditional linear TV.
· Instant Access: IMDb TV is available as an app on Fire TV and Roku devices and a free Channel within the Prime Video and IMDb apps across hundreds of devices. To use IMDb TV on Fire TV, customers can find the icon in the “Your Apps & Channels” row or using the Alexa Voice Remote, simply say “Alexa, go to IMDb TV.” IMDb TV is also available on the IMDb website.
To learn more about IMDb TV, visit www.amazon.com/imdbtv and follow @IMDbTV.
About Prime Video
Prime Video offers customers a vast collection of movies, series, and sports – all available to watch on hundreds of compatible devices.
· Included with Prime Video: Watch movies, series and sports, including Thursday Night Football, award-winning Amazon Originals, and other exclusives. Enjoy hits like Borat Subsequent Moviefilm, The Boys, One Night in Miami… , Small Axe, Sound of Metal, Tom Clancy’s Jack Ryan, Sylvie’s Love, Upload, and My Spy, plus Emmy Award winners Fleabag and The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel. Prime members also get access to licensed content.
· Prime Video Channels: Prime members can add channels like CBS All Access, BET+, EPIX, Noggin, NBA League Pass, MLB.tv, STARZ and SHOWTIME – no extra apps to download, and no cable required. Only pay for the ones you want, and cancel anytime. View the full list of channels available at amazon.com/channels.
· Rent or Buy: Enjoy new-release movies to rent or buy, entire seasons of current TV shows available to buy, and special deals just for Prime members.
· Instant access: Watch at home or on the go with your choice of hundreds of compatible devices. Stream from the web or using the Prime Video app on your smartphone, tablet, set-top box, game console, or select smart TV. For a complete list of compatible devices, visit amazon.com/howtostream.
· Enhanced experiences: Make the most of every viewing with 4K Ultra HD- and High Dynamic Range (HDR)-compatible content. Go behind the scenes of your favorite movies and TV shows with exclusive X-Ray access, powered by IMDb. Save it for later with select mobile downloads for offline viewing.
Prime Video is just one of many shopping and entertainment benefits included with a Prime membership, along with fast, free shipping on millions of Prime-eligible items at Amazon.com, unlimited photo storage, exclusive deals and discounts, and access to ad-free music and Kindle ebooks. To sign up or start a 30-day free trial of Prime, visit: amazon.com/prime.
About FABEL ENTERTAINMENT
Created to bring commercial premium content to audiences worldwide, Fabel Entertainment focuses on character-first programming that crosses genres, platforms and cultures. Fabel will continue the legacy of its former success while expanding its slate into one that further supports diverse genres, first-time creators, original works, IP adaptation and international productions – all in a premium space.
Fabel’s commitment to supporting both established creatives and fresh voices is at the heart of the company and its future slate, which includes a series based on the life and published works of world-famous neurologist, Oliver Sacks, as well as Chuck Palahniuk’s INVISIBLE MONSTERS, Stephen King’s THE TEN O’CLOCK PEOPLE and several original works by first-time creators and veteran showrunners.