FOX College Football Kicks Off Saturdays Strong
FOX Sports today announces select games from the network’s elite 2022 college football schedule, featuring top games from the Big Ten, Big 12, Mountain West and Pac-12 conferences.
[via press release from FOX Sports]
FOX COLLEGE FOOTBALL KICKS OFF SATURDAYS STRONG
Schedule Highlights Include Alabama-Texas, Oklahoma-Nebraska, Michigan-Ohio State and More
BIG NOON KICKOFF Hits the Road Each Week of the 2022 Season
BIG NOON SATURDAY Reigns as Most-Watched Regular Season Window in College Football
LOS ANGELES – FOX Sports today announces select games from the network’s elite 2022 college football schedule, featuring top games from the Big Ten, Big 12, Mountain West and Pac-12 conferences.
For the first time ever, BIG NOON KICKOFF travels each week of the season, previewing the day’s best matchups from campuses across the nation at 10:00 AM ET on FOX. KICKOFF is followed by BIG NOON SATURDAY, the network’s premier matchup each week and 2021’s most-watched regular season college football window across any network.
Starting the Season Strong
In Week 1, Penn State takes on Purdue on Thursday, Sept. 1 at 8:00 PM ET on FOX. The BIG NOON KICKOFF and BIG NOON SATURDAY crews travel to the home of the Boilermakers in West Lafayette, IN, with pregame coverage beginning at 7:00 PM ET.
Highlighting the September slate, Texas hosts Alabama on Saturday, Sept. 10 from DKR Texas Memorial Stadium at 12:00 PM ET. The BIG NOON KICKOFF crew heads to Austin for the highly anticipated non-conference matchup, with on-site pregame coverage beginning at 10:00 AM ET. This marks Alabama’s first-ever regular season appearance on the network, and the first meeting between Steve Sarkisian and Nick Saban since Sarkisian left Alabama to lead the Longhorns.
In Week 3, Oklahoma faces off against Nebraska in a showdown from Lincoln, NE, on Saturday, Sept. 17, with on-site pregame coverage beginning at 10:00 AM ET and game action at 12:00 PM ET. Last year, Nebraska gave Oklahoma a scare in Norman, OK, on BIG NOON SATURDAY on the 50th anniversary of 1971’s “Game of the Century.” This year’s matchup kicks off an unprecedented college football quadruple header on FOX, the first in broadcast history.
Thanksgiving Week on FOX
FOX Sports’ college football regular season concludes Thanksgiving weekend with the most heated rivalry in sports as Ohio State hosts Michigan on Saturday, Nov. 26, at 12:00 PM ET on FOX. “The Game” is part of a historic weekend of programming on FOX, which also includes the New York Giants vs. Dallas Cowboys on Thanksgiving Day, a FIFA World Cup(TM) group stage match between England and USA and a Pac-12 college football matchup between UCLA and Cal on Friday, Nov. 25, and America’s Game of the Week on Sunday, Nov. 27.
Championship Weekend on FOX
FOX Sports is home to three championship contests, starting with the Pac-12 Championship on Friday, Dec. 2 at 8:00 PM ET on FOX. On Saturday, Dec. 3, the action begins at 4:00 PM ET with the Mountain West Championship, followed by the Big Ten Championship at 8:00 PM ET.
Additional 2022 FOX College Football Season Highlights:
· In FOX Sports’ first college football game of the 2022 season, Nebraska takes on Northwestern from Aviva Stadium in Dublin, Ireland, for the Aer Lingus College Football Classic on Saturday, Aug. 27, at 12:30 PM ET on FOX.
· Later that day, Utah State, the reigning Mountain West champions, goes up against UConn at 4:00 PM ET on FS1. Concurrently, Wyoming takes on Illinois at 4:00 PM ET on BTN.
· On Saturday, Sept. 10, Wisconsin hosts Washington State at 3:30 PM ET on FOX, while Houston takes on Texas Tech at 4:00 PM ET on FS1 in a battle of future Big 12 rivals. On BTN, Iowa State at Iowa kicks off at 4:00 PM ET. Finally, Mississippi State travels to Tucson to face Arizona at 11:00 PM ET on FS1, head coach Mike Leach’s first game against a Pac-12 opponent since leaving Washington State.
· Week 3’s historic college football quadruple header on FOX is led by Oklahoma at Nebraska at noon, followed by BYU at Oregon at 3:30 PM ET, Toledo at Ohio State at 7:00 PM ET and Fresno State at USC at 10:30 PM ET.
· On Black Friday, in addition to FOX’s loaded lineup, Arizona State takes on Arizona at 3:00 PM ET on FS1, meanwhile Iowa hosts Nebraska in the Heroes Game at 4:00 PM ET on BTN. Wyoming at Fresno State rounds out the day at 10:00 PM ET on FS1.
· FS1 is the weeknight home of college football, highlights include: San Diego State vs. Boise State on Friday, Sept. 30, Baylor vs. West Virginia on Thursday, Oct. 13, Utah vs. Washington State on Thursday, Oct. 27, and Colorado vs. USC on Friday, Nov. 11.
Most-Watched Regular Season Window in College Football
Launched in 2019, BIG NOON SATURDAY has made its mark in the college football landscape over the past three seasons, becoming the most-watched regular season college football window across any network in 2021. BIG NOON KICKOFF also had its most-watched season ever and will complete its first full season on the road in 2022.
Where To Watch
College football on FOX, FS1, FS2 and BTN is also simulcast on the FOX Sports app and FOXSports.com.
FOX Sports’ confirmed 2022 fall college football schedule is available here. The remainder of the schedule will be announced as the season progresses.
For more information on FOX Sports’ college football coverage, visit FOX Sports Press Pass and follow @FOXSportsPR and @CFBonFOX on Twitter.
– FOX SPORTS –
About FOX Sports
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, the business has ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships. FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2, FOX Soccer Plus and FOX Deportes. FOX Sports’ digital properties include FOXSports.com and the FOX Sports App, which provides live streaming video of FOX Sports content, instant scores, stats and alerts to iOS and Android devices. Additionally, FOX Sports and social broadcasting platform Caffeine jointly own Caffeine Studios which creates exclusive eSports, sports and live entertainment content. Also included in FOX Sports’ portfolio are FOX’s interests in joint-venture business Big Ten Network, a licensing and commercial relationship with The Stars Group that created the FOX Bet sports betting platform and the FOX Bet Super 6 free-to-play game, as well as a licensing agreement that established the FOX Sports Radio Network.