discovery+ True Crime Highlights – Weeks of March 15 and March 22
Highlights include the new specials “Who Killed My Son?” and “The Beatrice Six: Keith Morrison Investigates.”
[via press release from Investigation Discovery]
discovery+ TRUE CRIME HIGHLIGHTS
Weeks of March 15 and March 22
All dates are subject to change
discovery+, the newly launched global streaming service, brings together all of Discovery’s brands and non-fiction content in one place to offer fans unlimited access to the largest collection of real-life entertainment in the world. Featuring a wide range of exclusive series across popular genres, discovery+ offers passion verticals for genre fans, from Animals to Paranormal, Food and Home. In the True Crime category alone, discovery+ contains an unprecedented 5,500 hours of the best mystery and suspense, boasting the largest library of true crime of any streaming service.
discovery+ TRUE CRIME PREMIERES
THE BEATRICE SIX: KEITH MORRISON INVESTIGATES
Special Available to Stream on Tuesday, March 16
Dateline correspondent Keith Morrison looks at how the 1985 murder of Helen Wilson rocked the small town of Beatrice, Nebraska. Four years after the murder, six people were convicted of the crime, but one of the six, Joseph White, fought for two decades to overturn his conviction and prove his innocence. When DNA evidence from the crime scene was finally tested, and a new investigation into the murder was opened, the results turned the case and the town upside down.
WHO KILLED MY SON?
Special Available to Stream on Tuesday, March 23
In 1994, Pravin Varughese was a college student at Southern Illinois University when he went missing. As his family searched for answers, they faced prejudice, deception, and frustration with the legal system, constantly being told that their son’s murder was his own fault. In this two-hour documentary, television journalist Soledad O’Brien shares the story of a family who turned their mission into finding the truth.
SEE NO EVIL
New Episodes Available to Stream on Wednesdays
SEE NO EVIL reveals how the deadliest crimes are solved by the only witnesses that never lie and never forget: surveillance cameras. With more shocking CCTV footage than ever before, SEE NO EVIL proves there’s nowhere killers can hide.
· Gold Pontiac Begins Streaming on Wednesday, March 17 In Tulsa, Oklahoma, roommates Amanda Douglas and Jennifer Sudar Sanders enjoy an evening out at a local casino. The next morning, the two are shot in broad daylight outside their apartment complex. Tulsa Police Department soon learn from witnesses that the shooter was driving a distinctive gold Pontiac and surveillance footage confirms their reports. Investigators dig deeper and a possible motive begins to emerge. Can surveillance footage connect the dots and reveal the identity of their killer?
· New Episode Begins Streaming on Wednesday, March 24 In Buena Park, California, a suitcase containing the body of a young woman is discovered in a dumpster. The victim is identified as Jasmine Fiore, a 28-year old model who has been reported missing by her reality TV star husband. Can surveillance video help investigators track down Jasmine’s killer?
THE DEADLY TYPE WITH CANDICE DELONG
New Episodes Available to Stream on Thursdays
Using powerful case studies drawn from her popular TV shows DEADLY WOMEN and FACING EVIL, former FBI profiler Candice DeLong works to find common behavioral links between some of the world’s worst perpetrators. What is it that make these criminals tick? Candice uncovers the red flags that might just save a life.
· The Narcissist Begins Streaming on March 18 Self-esteem is the currency of our age. It’s considered a superpower which can lift anyone from obscurity to self-actualization. If a little bit of self-belief works wonders, then a lot must work better, right? Candice says there’s a word for that: narcissism. In this episode viewers discover just how dangerous it can be. Removed from the norms of community obligations, narcissists run their own selfish agenda which can prove deadly to anyone in their way.
· The Gold Digger Begins Streaming on March 25 Love can be blind, but it’s no excuse for being naive. In this episode, Candice arms viewers with the information needed to decide if someone wants you or your money. A greedy partner can pull off some daring ‘robberies’ right under their victims’ noses, and just because you’re not a multi-millionaire doesn’t mean you’re not at risk. A good job with a steady income can be enough attract a Gold Digger.
EVIL LIVES HERE
New Episodes Available to Stream on Sundays
EVIL LIVES HERE explores the true, heart-stopping stories of people who shared a home and a life with a loved one who would become a killer. With exclusive interviews and never-before-told accounts of the years and critical moments leading up to these vicious acts, the series showcases the devastating and often undiscussed consequences on the people who have nurtured, loved and raised a murderer.
· The Box On Her Doorstep Begins Streaming on Sunday, March 21 Beginning when she was a teenager, Sarah Garone was regularly targeted by an anonymous predator for almost a decade. Each time her mysterious assailant struck, Sarah ran to her stepfather, Gary Hardy. Each time, Gary responded with shock and concern, pretending to be her protector. Ever since she was a child, Sarah had occasionally had a gut feeling that something about Gary was creepy, but she could never put her finger on what it was, and no one else in her family seemed to feel the same way about him. She never imagined that the man she trusted to protect her from her attacker would ultimately be the one who was determined to hurt her.
· New Episode Begins Streaming on Sunday, March 28 When Sonja Holt’s fiancé, Stafford Shaw, starts staying out late, she initially believes his excuse that he is only working. But when signs begin to appear that he has been lying to her, he attempts to convince her otherwise. Determined to uncover the truth, Sonja never imagines just how far Stafford will go to keep anyone from finding out the truth about him, or the terrible price that will have to be paid when his secret lives finally start to collide.
New Episodes Available to Stream on Sundays
TALKING EVIL is the first-ever Evil Lives Here after-show hosted by Alexis Linkletter (Unraveled: Long Island Serial Killer). Linkletter interviews family members featured on the most recent episode of Evil Lives Here, and experts to share their opinions to gain a deeper understanding of the impact of murder and collateral damage of the crime. TALKING EVIL gives fans the opportunity to dive even deeper into a series that has become a true crime cornerstone.
· What He Did To My Daughter Begins Streaming on Sunday, March 21 What if you discovered your husband was a sexual predator and a stalker, and the victim of his evil acts was your own daughter? On Evil Lives Here, Sarah Garone told the story of the man who stalked and terrorized her – who she once called “Dad.” Now, Sarah’s mother Sherry speaks with Alexis about the consequences she suffered for bringing Gary Hardy into their lives. What was it like to find her family turned inside out by betrayal, all at the hands of the man she loved and trusted?
CONCURRENT discovery+ AND ID PREMIERES
PEOPLE MAGAZINE INVESTIGATES
New Episodes Stream on discovery+ on Mondays and Premiere on ID on Mondays at 10/9c
Ripped from the pages of one of the nation’s top weekly magazines, PEOPLE MAGAZINE INVESTIGATES goes beyond the headlines to uncover the heart-wrenching stories of lives and families ripped apart. The series takes viewers to the epicenter of America’s most compelling crimes, as PEOPLE’s renowned journalists divulge the shocking twists and surprising facts they learned while doggedly investigating each case.
· Highway of Horrors Begins Streaming on Monday, March 22, Premieres on ID at 10/9c College student Tammy Zywicki vanishes in 1992 after her car breaks down on the highway. Family and friends scramble to find her, but when her body is found 500 miles from where she vanished there are very few clues pointing to her killer. Police struggle with dead-end leads and suspects who don’t pan out. New DNA technology promises to finally crack the case decades later. As her family clings to the last of their hope, the fear is that it may be too little too late for justice.
· Jenner Beach Murders Begins Streaming on Monday, March 29, Premiere on ID at 10/9c In the summer of 2004, Lindsay Cutshall and Jason Allen are working as councilors at an outdoor Christian adventure camp in Northern California They decide to head down the coast for a weekend getaway, but when they fail to return to camp Sunday evening, the camp staff become very concerned. A search ensues and police discover the couples’ bodies at Fish Head Beach, in Jenner, California. As police begin investigating the double homicide, they discover the killer has left no clues and little evidence. Over the succeeding days, weeks and years, Sonoma County Detectives investigate a group of suspects as they relentlessly search for the killer.
NEW EPISODES AND FULL SEASON CATCH-UPS
Five New Episodes Plus a Full Season Catch-Up Available to Stream on March 17
With more than two decades of experience in the judicial system, no one knows the delicate dance between arrest and conviction better than former Brooklyn homicide prosecutor Anna-Sigga Nicolazzi. In TRUE CONVICTION, she travels across the country to reveal how the nation’s top prosecutors tackled their toughest cases. Reviewing the crime with the detectives who were on the scene and connecting with those who were left behind, Nicolazzi reveals how homicides are solved on the street but won in the courtroom.
SIGNS OF A PSYCHOPATH
New Episodes Plus a Full Season Catch-Up Available to Stream on March 28
Charm. Narcissism. Lack of empathy. Impulsiveness. Manipulation. Deception. These traits and others are the telltale SIGNS OF A PSYCHOPATH. This harrowing half-hour archive series revisits some of the most dangerous killers in modern history, reviewing news footage – and the words of the killers themselves – to see which terrifying traits each killer exhibited.