Fuse+ Launches September 13 with an Inclusive and Empowering Lineup of Original Series, Documentaries and Independent Films Including “Don’t Cancel Me,” Hosted by Global Superstar Amara La Negra
Competitively priced at $1.99 a month with limited ads, Fuse+ is uniquely positioned as a brand created and curated by – and for – a young, diverse viewer who craves representation in their entertainment choices.
[via press release from Fuse Media]
Fuse+ Launches September 13 With An Inclusive and Empowering Lineup of Original Series, Documentaries and Independent Films Including Don’t Cancel Me, hosted by Global Superstar Amara La Negra
The New Streaming Service Goes Live on iOS, Android, Roku, Apple TV and Fire TV Apps
LOS ANGELES, CA AND NEW YORK, NY – September 13, 2021 — Fuse Media, the Latino-owned, multicultural focused entertainment company, today announces the official September 13 launch of Fuse+ (https://signup.fuseplus.tv/), a new streaming platform dedicated to empowering and inspiring a multicultural, millennial audience. In addition, Fuse has announced a deal with Afro-Latina global star, musician, entrepreneur, author and activist Amara La Negra, who is known for her incredible talents, personality, natural charisma and activism. The first show to debut as part of the deal, Don’t Cancel Me With Amara La Negra, will premiere December 1 on Fuse+ and Fuse.
Don’t Cancel Me With Amara La Negra follows La Negra as she ventures into the streets of Miami to have honest conversations about the topics many have wondered about but may have been too afraid to ask about – especially in person – including immigration, colorism, body image, LGBTQIA+ rights and more. In each of the eight, half-hour episodes, La Negra will sit down with a panel of personalities including local advocates and business owners.
“Amara La Negra perfectly captures our brand’s point of view with her singular vision that thoughtfully pushes boundaries and challenges the norms of ‘what’s expected.’ Her contributions are important to the Fuse family and Don’t Cancel Me will be a defining part of the future of Fuse+,” said Fuse Media CEO Miguel “Mike” Roggero. “As our research has shown, young consumers demand empowering content that is representative, inclusive and authentic, and Fuse Media is launching Fuse+ as another step in serving this audience across all screens.”
Competitively priced at $1.99 a month with limited ads, Fuse+ is uniquely positioned as a brand created and curated by – and for – a young, diverse viewer who craves representation in their entertainment choices. As the only service dedicated to empowering the underserved, multicultural millennial and Gen Z audiences, Fuse+ hands the mic to its audience to create purpose-driven, binge-able shows featuring new voices and colorful stories that celebrate, motivate and elevate. The service will include a unique mix of exclusive content that airs day-and-date with linear TV premieres on the company’s flagship Fuse channel, along with some free ad-supported content.
In addition to Amara’s show, Don’t Cancel Me With Amara La Negra, Fuse+ will launch with more than 500 hours of original programming, including:
· Shine True (original series, premieres on September 14) — extended episodes of this Critic’s Choice Real TV and Imagen nominee, in which mentors and role models help a non-binary or trans person explore their inner identity and passions. In addition to additional bonus footage in each episode, a never-before-seen reunion show will also be available.
· Made From Scratch (original series, season 3 premieres on September 15) — the “not-really-a-cooking-show” that goes beyond the recipe to serve up a candid look into the lives of our favorite artists as they prepare their most-loved childhood dishes with the family who knows them best.
· Sex Sells (original series, every episode premieres on Fuse+ on September 21) – celebrates sex-focused businesses from a female perspective while helping to normalize the topic of sex – especially female sexuality.
· The Canvas: Los Angeles (new original series, premieres on October 6) – an intimate look into the unconventional journeys of some of Los Angeles’ most enigmatic visual artists making their mark today.
· Fuse Films: The MisEducation of Bindu (premieres on October 12) – follows a bullied Indian teen who forges her mother’s signature to test out of high school. When she discovers she must pay a test fee by the 7th period, she is left with no choice but to turn to the students she desperately wants to leave. Directed by Prarthana Mohan, The MisEducation of Bindu stars Megan Suri, Gordon Winarick, and David Arquette. The Duplass Brothers serve as executive producers.
· Fuse Films: Sam & Mattie Make a Zombie Movie (premieres October 26) – two best friends with Down syndrome rally an entire town to help them make a zombie film. With appearances from the documentary’s executive producer Peter Farrelly (There’s Something About Mary, Dumb and Dumber), Conan O’Brien and DJ Pauly D (MTV’s Jersey Shore).
· Fuse Docs: The All-Americans (premieres on November 23) – home to the nation’s largest Latinx immigrant population, East Los Angeles sits squarely in the crossfire of debate about American identity. Yet every November, this community comes together for a distinctly American event, one of the country’s fiercest high school football rivalry games: The East L.A. Classic. The All-Americans follows four students seeking glory on the field, while grappling with personal obstacles and striving to make sense of their community’s place in today’s America. Executive Produced by Becky G.
· Fuse Docs: Inherent Good (premieres on December 14) – as an urgent response to swelling economic anxiety and wealth inequality in America, comedian Trae Crowder takes us on a journey to the South to explore a transformative idea of giving free cash to every citizen – no strings attached.
· Fuse Docs: The Third Strike (premieres on January 18, 2022) – attorney MiAngel Cody leads a small – but mighty – team of women fighting to free people sentenced to life in prison for drugs and to end the brutal “Three Strikes” drug law that put them there.
· Fuse Films: Unsound (premieres February 2022) – a musician’s romantic spark is ignited by a deaf, emerging trans man as they work together to save his community nightclub for the deaf. Starring Reece Noi (Game of Thrones), Yiana Pandelis, Paula Duncan, Todd McKenney and Christine Anu.
· Like a Girl (new original series, premieres 2022) – Denise Jones is a dynamo. Since the age of 8 or 9, she’s been kicking the asses of over-confident boys on-and-off the pitch. And, as an adult, she’s been a vocal leader in the fight for gender equality in sports. Now, in Like a Girl, Denise will bring the fight for gender equality to life via a multigenerational interview and competition series. Every episode, Denise will spend a day with a talented young, female athlete, including training and competing with some of the biggest athletes on the planet.
Additionally, Fuse+ will showcase an independent and inclusive array of filmmakers and talent in front of and behind the camera – including in the above entries from the Emmy, Imagen and Peabody award-winning Fuse Docs and Fuse Films franchises – plus such titles such as Hang Loose (October 19), Beyond Paradise (November 9) and Miss India America (December 7). At launch, Fuse+ will also be stacked with more than 500 hours of original Fuse programming, including Like, Share Dimelo, an unfiltered talk series hosted by Latina comedians Dee Nasty (Darlene Demorizi) and Sasha Merci, that explores trending topics in Latinx and millennial issues, and every episode of Fuse favorites including Big Freedia: Queen of Bounce, Big Freedia Bounces Back and T-Pain’s School of Business.
In addition to previously announced availability on Apple TV and Fire TV, Fuse+ is now also available on Roku, iOS and Android mobile beginning today. The subscription video-on-demand (SVOD) service — also available at $19.99 annually or with TV Everywhere authentication included with cable or satellite services — includes access to exclusive original content, all Fuse Media originals as they premiere on the company’s linear channels, and the entire library of Fuse programming on demand. Fuse Media’s other new streaming brands — Fuse Backstage (music), Fuse Beat (Black and hip-hop culture) and Fuse Sweat (retro home fitness) — are all available within Fuse+ as part of its free tier, along with select episodes of the above programming and the company’s library of original short-form content.
About Fuse Media
Fuse Media is a Latino-owned, multicultural focused, multiplatform entertainment company. It unites cultures through colorful storytelling that celebrates our blended America. The minority owned and managed company serves its millennial and Gen Z audience through a portfolio of streaming and television brands including Fuse, Fuse Backstage, Fuse Beat, FM (Fuse Music), Fuse Sweat and fuse.tv. Fuse Media also operates the Fuse Content Studio, its in-house production and distribution arm, as well as a growing branded content and live events business. For more information, visit www.fusepress.tv
About Amara La Negra
Amara La Negra is the embodiment of the woman of today who was created with a hint of the past and a twist of tomorrow. With a Spanish and Caribbean background, the songstress describes herself as eccentric, vibrant, and ambitious. The international entertainer, singer/songwriter, actress, model, and esteemed philanthropist got creative with her sound in 2018 – truly performing from her roots. 2020 was another ground-breaking year with a plethora of recognition as a LatinX Activist Icon. During Hispanic Heritage Month, she was featured in Time Magazine, ABC News, Thrive Global, People En Espanol, and hosted an Imagen Award-nominated Townhall for Fuse TV, Planned Parenthood, and more. She also was one of the stars featured in “HABLA NOW, The Fifteenth Installment Of HBO Latino’s Award-Winning “Habla” Series. The BBC also honored Amara this year. Fuse honored Amara La Negra for FUTURE HISPANIC HISTORY HONORS AMARA LA NEGRA and The BCC Honored Amara La Negra as one of the 10 under 30 that inspire the United States with their work in their fields.