discovery+ and ID Highlights – Weeks of August 30 and September 6
New additions include “Doctor’s Orders” on Friday, September 3 and “Prisoner of Love” on Monday, August 30.
[via press release from Investigation Discovery]
discovery+ and ID HIGHLIGHTS
Weeks of August 30 and September 6
All dates are subject to change
discovery+, the newly launched global streaming service, brings together all of Discovery’s brands and non-fiction content in one place to offer fans unlimited access to the largest collection of real-life entertainment in the world. Featuring a wide range of exclusive series across popular genres, discovery+ offers passion verticals for genre fans, from Animals to Paranormal, Food and Home. In the True Crime category alone, discovery+ contains an unprecedented 5,500 hours of the best mystery and suspense, boasting the largest library of true crime of any streaming service.
discovery+ TRUE CRIME PREMIERES
Three-Part Special Begins Streaming Friday, September 3
DOCTOR’S ORDERS wanders into the wild world of motorcycle gangs to explore the sordid truth behind a woman’s planned murder, orchestrated by a husband who believed he was too powerful to get caught. With unique animation in place of recreation, informant Andrew Glick takes viewers through the fatally twisted tale of greed, murder, and municipal corruption. Set against the backdrop of America’s opioid epidemic, DOCTOR’S ORDERS exposes the underbelly of crime with a well-respected doctor at the forefront.
PRISONER OF LOVE
Three Episodes Begin Streaming Monday, August 30, with Episodes Dropping Weekly on Mondays
PRISONER OF LOVE follows Chelsea Holmes, the self-proclaimed “prison matchmaker,” as she dedicates her time to helping men and women living free lives find love with prisoners behind bars. And Chelsea isn’t simply a matchmaker, she is also looking for love with someone on the inside. PRISONER OF LOVE documents couples as they navigate the unique struggle of dating someone in prison. Chelsea does all she can to give these singles the tools to make their relationships successful beyond prison walls, but are these matches built to last?
· The Prison Matchmaker Begins Streaming on Monday, August 30 Self-proclaimed, “prison matchmaker” Chelsea Holmes works with a shy young introvert, Brey, to connect him with two women on the inside. First, Brey has to convince his dad that this is a path worth pursuing. Things heat up for Isa and her inmate boyfriend Devin, but she still struggles to accept Devin’s past. Meanwhile, Chelsea fears the worst when her boyfriend goes MIA in prison.
· Prison Famous Begins Streaming on Monday, August 30 A heartbroken Chelsea moves on from inmate Manuel and onto inmate Michael, quickly forming an intense bond. A still somewhat reluctant Dexter gets his matches from Chelsea and is pleasantly surprised when he finds sparks with an inmate. Brey hits it off with Arlette but is taken aback when she reveals bits of her past. After dealing with Bryce’s family drama, a triumphant Aluntra picks up Bryce from prison and the countdown to their long awaited wedding begins.
· From Cell to Celibate Begins Streaming on Monday, August 30 Things heat up between Chelsea and soon to be released inmate Michael when he asks her to pick him up at the prison gates and to officially be his gal. However, her excitement is short lived when he tells her that he wants to remain celibate while they get to know each other. Isa feels the full weight of dating an inmate as Devin asks her for money for commissary. Bryce is confronted by the fact that his incarceration left his family in shambles.
· Once a Cheater Begins Streaming on Monday, September 6 Chelsea picks up her boyfriend Michael from prison, and wonders if their relationship will survive with Michael on the outside. Dexter wants to visit Yolanda after she is released, but spots some red flags when she hints she’d like him to provide her with some high ticket items. Newly freed Bryce finds out that his family fell apart while he was away. As their wedding approaches, Aluntra worries Bryce will put their needs before hers. And Brey must make a tough decision after finding out Arlette has a violent past.
COLD BLOODED ALASKA
New Episodes Begin Streaming on discovery+ on Tuesdays
Within Alaska’s wild and harsh landscape lurk some of the most dangerous criminals in America. The 10-episode true crime series COLD BLOODED ALASKA uncovers Alaska’s most disturbing crimes and unpacks the extraordinary lengths law enforcement working in the Last Frontier must take to bring killers to justice.
· Winter Kill Begins Streaming on Tuesday, August 31 Authorities are alarmed when several women disappear off the streets of Anchorage. While some remain missing, others meet a disturbing end. As detectives investigate, they soon uncover links to an old case that may help them to catch a killer.
· The Last Walk Begins Streaming on Tuesday, September 7 Mandy Lemaire goes missing in August of 1991, and the town of Tazlina comes together to search for one of their own. However, as days pass with no sign of Mandy, troopers shift their focus to the community for answers.
CONCURRENT discovery+ AND ID PREMIERES
MICHELLE CARTER: LOVE, TEXTS & DEATH
Special Streams on discovery+ and Premieres on ID Tuesday, September 7 at 9/8c
From the outside, it seemed as though 17-year-old Michelle Carter and 18-year-old Conrad Roy had a modern clandestine romance, mostly communicating online via phone calls and texts while keeping their relationship secret from family and certain friends. But a darker secret was Conrad’s struggle with mental health issues, including depression. He confided in Michelle, and she seemed to be helping him. What began with Michelle encouraging Conrad to seek help took a disturbing turn, resulting in Conrad’s suicide. When police search for answers, the true relationship between the teens is uncovered, and Michelle Carter finds herself on trial for involuntary manslaughter for the role she may have played in Conrad’s death
IN PURSUIT WITH JOHN WALSH
New Episodes Stream on discovery+ and Premiere on ID Wednesdays at 10/9c
ID and victims’ rights advocate John Walsh are teaming once again to hunt down persons of interest and find missing children with IN PURSUIT WITH JOHN WALSH. John Walsh and his son, Callahan Walsh, introduce ID’s active and engaged audience to unsolved violent crimes that urgently need to be closed. IN PURSUIT relies on leads from viewers who may have seen something that would help authorities, with all calls and online tips vetted by experts and followed up on by the appropriate authorities, including local law enforcement, FBI, and the U.S. Marshals. In partnership with the National Center for Missing & Exploited Children (NCMEC), the series also features two missing children each hour, providing age-progression photos when possible and descriptions in the hopes that viewers can provide new leads to their whereabouts.
· Stolen Lives Begins Streaming on Wednesday, September 1; Premieres on ID at 10/9c When a young woman is murdered, police suspect her boyfriend Carlos Torres, but before his trial, Torres cuts off his ankle monitor and flees. Then, Cal joins the hunt for Bill Brockbrader, a child predator wanted for failure to register as a sex offender.
· Letters from a Predator Begins Streaming on Wednesday, September 8; Premieres on ID at 10/9c A woman’s murder leads police to suspect her husband – and former prison pen pal – William Plemons, who’s been on the run since 2003. Then, Cal joins the hunt for suspected murderer and arsonist Darryl Walker in Georgia.
New Episodes Stream on discovery+ on Thursdays and Premiere on ID Thursdays at 10/9c
Beloved former F.B.I. criminal profiler Candice DeLong explores some of history’s most fascinating female killers in DEADLY WOMEN, touring the twisted minds of women who kill. Femme fatales, twisted sisters, desperate damsels: there’s no shortage of these DEADLY WOMEN.
· Making a Killing Begins Streaming on Thursday, September 2; Premieres on ID Thursday, September 9 at 10/9c Michele Williams wanted the best of everything, but her husband, Greg Williams, couldn’t keep up with Michele’s outrageous spending habits. Before long, most of Greg’s money was gone and Michele was determined to maintain her lifestyle by any means necessary. Then, Maria Manning was a maid working for the English aristocracy, who desperately wanted to live a wealthy lifestyle. Maria began a relationship with wealthy older suitor Patrick O’Connor. Maria liked Patrick’s money but soon tired of Patrick, so she lured him to her home and did the unspeakable. Finally, Kemia Hassel found love when she joined the armed forces. She appeared to be happy with her husband, Sgt. Tyrone Hassel, but that didn’t stop Kemia taking up with another soldier Jeremy Cuellar. Kemia began to manipulate Jeremy, so he would be willing to assist her in her plot to collect Tyrone’s life insurance and military death benefits.
EVIL LIVES HERE
New Episodes Stream on discovery+ and Premiere on ID Sundays at 9/8c
EVIL LIVES HERE explores the true, heart-stopping stories of people who shared a home and a life with a loved one who would become a killer. With exclusive interviews and never-before-told accounts of the years and critical moments leading up to these vicious acts, the series showcases the devastating and often undiscussed consequences on the people who have nurtured, loved, and raised a murderer.
· I Still Love My Daddy Begins Streaming on Sunday, September 12; Premieres on ID at 9/8c When Deborah Brashers’ father, Robert Brashers, returns from prison and reconnects with her, she instantly becomes a daddy’s girl. But when he suddenly disappears again, Deborah is told that he is on the run from police because of a petty crime. This chase ends in a fatal standoff with police and Deborah learns the chilling truth about her father’s secret double life.
ON THE CASE WITH PAULA ZAHN
New Episodes Stream on discovery+ and Premiere on ID Sundays at 10/9c
ON THE CASE WITH PAULA ZAHN takes viewers on a thrilling journey inside the most fascinating crime and mystery investigations. First person accounts, along with insight from experts, are featured as each case reaches its dramatic conclusion.
· What Happened to Sarah Begins Streaming on Sunday, August 29; Premieres on ID Sunday, September 12 at 10/9c A 14-year-old girl’s mysterious runaway note raises difficult questions for police. Had she really left home on her own or had someone close to her pieced together writing from her journals to cover-up an unthinkable crime.
· Terror in Terre Haute Begins Streaming on Sunday, September 12; Premieres on ID Sunday, September 19 at 10/9c When a young college student is abducted from her campus parking lot it marks the beginning of a terrifying crime wave on a quiet college campus. Can police catch a serial predator before he strikes again?
INVESTIGATION DISCOVERY PREMIERES
The programs below will premiere on Investigation Discovery as follows:
A TIME TO KILL
New Episodes Premiere Mondays at 9/8c
The key to solving the toughest homicides lies somewhere in the final hours of a victim’s life. In A TIME TO KILL, determined investigators must piece together events during this critical window to reconstruct the timeline, unlock the motive, and ultimately close in on the killer.
· Admit the Affair, Deny the Murder Premieres Monday, August 30 at 9/8c A college student’s effervescent personality wins him many admirers on his Columbia, Missouri, campus right up until the day of his murder. As a police search for suspects, a tip leads them to someone with a lot to lose.
New Episodes Premiere Mondays at 10/9c
In a justice system that’s not always so just, families can be tormented by the question of guilt or innocence of their convicted loved ones. REASONABLE DOUBT returns with all-new episodes profiling the gut-wrenching process of re-exploring murder cases where the perpetrators convicted of the crime maintain their innocence. Retired homicide detective Chris Anderson teams with criminal defense attorney Fatima Silva, to pore through evidence, interview witnesses and consult experts previously overlooked by police or barred by the court. At the end of each episode, the determined investigators evaluate their findings and either offer the convicted’s family hope for an appeal, or clarity to accept the guilty verdict.
· To Dye For Premieres Monday, August 30 at 10/9c A jury convicts Kara Garvin for the murder of three members of the Mollett family in their rural Ohio trailer. Kara’s mother and sister say she’s incapable of violence and are determined to show Chris and Fatima that someone framed their loved one.
The programs below previously aired on discovery+ and will premiere on Investigation Discovery as follows:
THE CHAMELEON KILLER
Four-Part Special Premieres Sunday, September 5 at 9/8c and Concludes Monday, September 6 at 9/8c
Decades after first uncovering the bodies of a woman and young girl discarded in a barrel in 1985, detectives take viewers through a convoluted case that led to the capture of an evasive serial killer who crisscrossed the country and used multiple fake identities to evade justice. With intersecting investigations across state lines, this intense special reveals how ancestral DNA exposes the Chameleon Killer’s true identity, and features never-before-seen interviews with his children and ex-wife who are forced to face the grim reality of who Terry Rasmussen really was.
WHERE MURDER LIES
New Episodes Premiere Wednesday at 9/8c
Everyone is hiding something. It may be a harmless secret, or it might be something far more serious: a terrible betrayal of trust or a shocking indiscretion. Some of these come out over time, while others stay hidden forever. But sometimes, an event is so horrific, so cataclysmic, that everyone’s truths are laid bare. WHERE MURDER LIES gradually exposes murder investigations one truth after another, revealing the sinister underbelly beneath seemingly placid communities.
· Obstacle of Affection Premieres Wednesday, September 1 at 9/8c
· The Girl in the Lockbox Premieres Wednesday, September 8 at 9/8c
AMERICAN DETECTIVE WITH LT. JOE KENDA
New Episodes Premiere Thursdays at 9/8c
Lt. Joe Kenda, one of the toughest, most experienced homicide detectives in ID history, is back exclusively on discovery+ with an all-new series. Over the years, Kenda has heard about cases that defy logic and expose the depravity of human nature: investigations so confounding that the twists and turns feel more scripted in Hollywood than reality. In AMERICAN DETECTIVE, Kenda trades in his own case files to bring viewers astounding investigations from across the country, with each episode putting a different homicide detective at the forefront whose tireless efforts helped put a killer behind bars and bring justice for the victim. Kenda guides us through the nuances of each case and the dogged detective work featured in AMERICAN DETECTIVE, the riveting raconteur whose gruff voice and deadpan delivery keep us hanging on his every word.
· What She Saw Premieres Thursday, September 2 at 9/8c
· Black Water Premieres Thursday, September 9 at 9/8c
# # #
Like us on Facebook at Facebook.com/discoveryplus Follow us on Twitter @discoveryplus Visit us online at discoveryplus.com